Question: What is Higher Education Students’ Financing Board?
Answer: Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB) is a body Corporate established by an Act of Parliament, number 2 of 2014, to provide Loans and Scholarships to Ugandan Students to pursue higher Education. HESFB is intended to provide loans and scholarships to Ugandan students who have qualified for Higher education in recognized institutions of higher learning but are unable to support themselves financially.
Question: Why Higher Education Students’ Financing Scheme?
Answer: It is intended to address the following objectives:-
1. To increase equitable access to technical and higher education ;
2. To support highly qualified Ugandan students who may not afford higher education;
3. To ensure regional balance in higher education services in Uganda;
4. To develop and support courses critical to national development and to ensure quality education in public institutions through quality assurance and supervision.
5. To ensure sustainable revolving loans fund.
Download FAQs for details...