THE HIGHER EDUCATION STUDENTS FINANCING ACT, 2014.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS.
PART II—THE HIGHER EDUCATION STUDENTS FINANCING SCHEME.
2. Establishment of Higher Education Students Financing scheme.
PART III—THE HIGHER EDUCATION STUDENTS FINANCING BOARD.
3. Establishment of Higher Education Students Financing Board.
4. Composition and tenure of the Board.
5. Functions of the Board.
6. Powers of the Minister.
7. Vacating office of member of the Board.
8. Meetings of the Board.
9. Remuneration of members of the Board.
10. Committees of the Board.
PART IV—SECRETARIAT AND STAFF OF THE BOARD.
11. Secretariat of the Board.
12. Executive Director.
13. Duties of the Executive Director.
14. Other officers and staff of the Board.
15. Protection of members and officers of the Board.
PART V—HIGHER EDUCATION STUDENTS FINANCING SCHEME.
16. Student loans. 1 Section
17. Interest on loan.
18. Student scholarships.
19. Bilateral scholarships.
20. Eligibility into the scheme.
21. Application for loan or scholarship.
22. Undertaking by approved applicants.
PART VI—REPAYMENT OF STUDENT LOANS.
23. Repayment of student loan.
24. Student loan repayment schedule.
25. Student loan beneficiary to inform Board.
26. Deductions by employer.
27. Early repayment.
28. Priority of student loan over other deductions.
PART VII—FINANCIAL PROVISIONS.
29. Higher education students financing Fund.
30. Loan protection fees.
31. Power to open and operate bank accounts.
32. Estimates of income and expenditure.
33. Application of Board funds.
34. Investment of surplus funds.
35. Financial year of Board.
PART VIII—MISCELLANEOUS 38. False statements by applicants.
39. General penalty.
PART IX—TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS.
42. Management of existing scholarships.
43. Transfer of assets and liabilities.
44. Amendment of Schedules.